Teach South West are delighted to announce that applications are now open through UCAS. Please follow the link below for our full list of course offers and codes for UCAS applications.
Please follow the links below or contact us directly for further information.
- On the School Direct Training Programme you could be eligible for a tax-free bursary of up to £25,000, dependent on the subject you want to teach and the degree class that you hold. You may also be eligible for a scholarship in certain subjects. Applications for School Direct are through UCAS ITT. The application system will show the subjects and number of places offered by each lead school.
- Successful completion of a School Direct course with these two partners will lead to the award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and a PGCE.
- Trainees on the School Direct Training Programme, who are eligible for bursary funding and scholarships, will receive bursaries in the same way as trainees on other postgraduate ITT routes.
- Scholarships may be available for candidates who wish to teach priority subjects, and are awarded by the relevant subject associations through a competitive application process. Please visit the DfE website for more information on how to assess whether trainees are eligible for a bursary or scholarship.
- The partner ITT provider will receive an allocation of bursary funding from the NCTL for all eligible ITT places, including those bursaries allocated for School Direct places. The provider will then pay the trainee the bursary directly.
The University of Exeter is the provider for the South West Teaching School Alliance’s School Direct Programme (SWTSA), recognised by the NCTL and Ofsted as an outstanding provider of Primary and Secondary teacher education.